Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A Memorable Memorial Weekend


Although I had to work every day this weekend, I still have a smile on my face from it! I had a rocky start because of a 'fight' with one of my cousins..I get that people say things when they are upset, but she is just mean sometimes. .. Anyway...I worked myself out of that mess (which surprised me that I was that upset about it..hmm) And went for a 2 mile walk in the gorgeous weather, did some laundry and just had a nice night in :) <- That was Saturday.


Sunday I worked until 4..went home and cleaned up a little so my friend MW could come over and decide what we were gong to do that night. See..we actually went to highschool together, and from the great goodness of facebook..we started talking..in January. We found out that we are definitely only friend material, but we dig that. So, a couple of months ago..he moved to North Carolina. He hearts it there. But this past weekend, one of his favorite cousins got married and he came up for that. He promised me a while ago that next time he came back home I would get a night all to myself with him..I have to be honest..I thought he was full of shit. :)




Even when he said something about hanging out..I thought we'd go out for dinner or to a movie...meet there and then part ways. BOY was I wrong. (insert yet another happy face) He came over and we decided to go downtown to Founders Brewery, I had never been there before and was pretty darn excited. I was even more excited that for once, I did not have to drive!! So we went..tried a couple (okay..3) different kinds of beer (Bourbon-ish something..pretty good...cherry something..very good..and an IPA something..G-ross). After that, it was still light out and the weather was SO nice that we decided to go for a walk. We walked through downtown to the Button, one of my favorite places to go in G.R.(MW was feeling quite masculine so he even picked me up and put me on the button! I heart being picked up..makes me feel little) . And then just walked and walked and walked. We then went to the infamous 'Tire Swing' by the Calder Plaza. Which was a little intimidating for me..because it's alittle high up and it was dark by the time we got there. But he pulled me up and then jumped off a couple of times so we could actually swing. The funniest part of the night I think was when I was trying to get down..it was still kind of swinging a little and I was afraid to just jump down..because it was dark and it was kind of high..so finally he just grabbed me right above my knees and flopped me over his shoulder and carried me through the plaza..haha. It was nice..because he was still gentle with me and didn't hurt me at all..even when we held hands.




We then went back to my condo and watched Dane Cook until I fell asleep. He woke me up so I could lock my door behind him. Whew! It was an eventful night! He is now back in N.C. though..kinda sad. But here are some pictures from our adventures on Sunday;













































^ ^

This is when he was picking me up..look how red his face is! haha
























Look how cute we are! haha















<- I think this one makes me laugh the most..it's also his profile picture on FB right now..haha





















Ok scratch what I said...the next 2 are the funniest..enjoy!


























Gangsters....



















Cute













Tire Swing ->






So then..on Monday night..as I finish watching the Bachelorette (heart! go Jake!!!) I get a phone call..from my PB!! Of course we just talked and talked for about an hour and a half..and we decided that we need to get together and have a night set aside for 'deep conversations' because we're both always so tired that we never really get in to anything. So he told me to just pick a date and either I'll go there or he'll come there..and we will just talk all night. Then I get breakfast!
Ok..I am off to hang with my little cousin...have a good night!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

super duper cute pictures!

definitely PB goes to you :)

(miss you. not the hotel but you!)

Ray said...

I think I miss you more!!

About Me

My photo
..., Michigan, United States