Thursday, March 19, 2009

Something Clever & Witty

9:12am

So today, is a good day. I woke up extremely early. Like 3:36am early..yikes! (how many gold stars do I get for waking up that early Maggie?!) And I just couldn't turn my mind off. So I layed in bend, jaw clenched and thought about everything that I had been pushing away. I pleaded with God for some peace and understanding, and finally at 5:30 I got out of bed to start my day. So far so good, I've had a cold for the past week, and it's finally starting to go away. I'm not 100% yet, but I'm closer :)

{Good News!}
I am now double-y (that's probably not a word..but go with me on this) employed! I am now working for an Optical Office as the Optical Technician. Sounds pretty darn important, but for right now, I am doing a lot of filing, appointment making, patient checking in, and paper work. Hopefully soon, once I get the hang of things, I will be able to 'pre-screen' patients for the doctors, by testing for Glaucoma, and taking Optomap Photographs (pictures of the inside of your eye, to get a look at your retina and see how healthy it is), and help patients by showing the how to put contacts in for the first time. My Boss, N, is all about growth with in the company and wants me to succeed! It's awesome. So for now, I am working full time (32+ hours) at the hotel, and part time (16-20 hours) at the Optical Office. That's right..I am one busy girl! This week I am putting in 57.5 hours :) Can we wave buh-bye to debt?! :-D BIG toothy grin right there!!

In boy news, once I start feeling a little better, I am going out to dinner with a new boy :) His name is J, and although I don't think it'll be romantic, I think we'll have fun, and he's already invited me to his church! I think that is so nice! He's open about being a Christian and I love that. He goes to a 'CRC' church, so I think I'd like to try it. We'll see how dinner goes. I'll keep you posted :)


I am pretty proud that I have only had 1 cup of coffee this morning :) If I was feeling better, I would probably already be on my 3rd :)

ps-Kris...I am SO glad you brought my nephew in yesterday! :)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
..., Michigan, United States