Saturday, December 27, 2008

Ahead of the Curve...

I am thinking ahead! And executing my thoughts! Whats the opposite of procrastination? because that is TOTALLY me right now!

Before I get into my non-procrastination-ness I want to give a couple big shout outs to God! First, thank you for this 53 degree weather in DECEMBER! I mean this is amazing! And with the weather so warm you can just about imagine the fog/steam coming off of the gazillion piles of 934857947 feet of snow we've had..he's giving all of Grand Rapids a steam bath! FOR FREE! He just wants us all to look beautiful :) You amazing Sir..truly amazing!
AND Jesus..I hope you had a glorious Birthday! It was so good talking to you the other night! ;o) Love you ALWAYS..I can't wait for the day when I can see you face to face and spend eternity with you. I just can't wait.


Now..onto my opposite of procrastination!

I am already thinking of my resolutions for this coming year. It sounds like I am going to be an auntie before the new year (Praise God!), so that in itself will be quite the adventure! My sister-in-Law has slowly started to show the signs of labor. I'm jazzed.
As this new year starts, I also want to retain my focus, and be even more focused on learning about my Savior. Reading His words and surrounding myself with brothers and sisters in Christ that will help me on this journey, and maybe, I'll be able to help them too.
One thing that I desire more than most anything is to find a home church. A church where I can become a member, and feel comfortable enough to join a Bible Study and meet new friends, that I can have life long friendships with. New brothers and sisters if you will. That is why, to help fulfill that desire, I am going to try to try a new church at least once a month, at the very least I will see different ways of worship, hear how people of all walks of life have been saved and healed by our King. This will be an exciting journey, and I am actually starting it tomorrow! Stay tuned for how it turns out :)

I'll end with one of my favorite 'quotes' There are 3 things I believe God says when answering Prayers;
Yes!
Not yet...
I have something better in mind..

Have a great day!!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

You know already that I love that quote. Good luck finding a home church. You are always ... seriously ... always welcome to join Mike, Colin and I at Cornerstone.

Cassie said...

I am so proud of you Rach! You still havent told me how Church was on Sunday. I love you so much as a friend, sister and sister in Christ (it feels good to say that last one!) Talk to you later bff!! LY! bniagw

About Me

My photo
..., Michigan, United States