Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Here goes nothing!!

Hey All!!

So I was inspired, but one extremely fabulous lady from the east side to do a 'couch to 5k'. She has also inspired me to blog about it :)

Now as most of everyone knows, I have Rheumatoid Arthritis. However, I am one of the lucky ones who doesn't have a whole lot of pain ( I know..it's awesome). So I am hoping to be able to do The 5/3 Riverbank Run on may 8th!

Yesterday was my first day 'working out' my dad, being the greatest guy he is, went with me and kept time. We started out doing our stretches (fyi..NOT flexible at all..yet) and then went for a brisk 5 minute walk. After that we alternated with 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of brisk walking (our brisk got slower and slower as the time went on..haha) for 20 minutes. We ended up walking/jogging about a mile in 27 minutes..not bad! I'm just glad we completed the work out!

It was a BEAUTIFUL March day so we decided to do this outside around 4:45. Yikes. My lungs were burning pretty bad at the end..and so were my legs. But it felt great.

I was a little worried about how I would feel this morning, but turns out I am doing MUCH better than I had anticipated. I'm looking forward to tomorrow and hope it's as nice out, because I don't have a treadmill and am running outside no matter what!

So far so good!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
..., Michigan, United States